COVID-19 Guidance for Our Audiences
Silver Spring Stage is committed to ensuring your peace of mind while attending our performances. To protect the health and safety of artists, volunteers, and patrons we actively monitor developments related to COVID-19 and recommendations from local, state, and CDC officials.
We require that patrons and volunteers, including our artists and staff, present a photo ID and show proof of vaccination—a physical or digital copy of a vaccination card–at the time of entering the theater. We are also continuing to require masks for all audience members through July 16, at which time we will reassess the situation. This is consistent with current practice in all live theater venues in the DC area.
Guests who are exempt from vaccination (people with certain medical conditions preventing vaccination, or those with closely held religious beliefs that prevent vaccination) must provide written proof of exemption and answer several screening questions before being allowed to enter our theater.
COVID-19 Protocols for Volunteers
These protocols aim to ensure that Silver Spring Stage maintains a COVID-free environment for its productions. The protocols are reviewed periodically and based on the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the health departments of the State of Maryland and Montgomery County. They are prepared by a team that includes members of our board, public health and mental health specialists, and a certified Covid-19 Compliance Officer. For the sake of all our artists and volunteers we ask that you aid in the enforcement of these protocols.
These protocols can also be found HERE.
- For activities with a producer, the producer will control access to the building. If you are engaged in an activity that does not have a producer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be kept on the production calendar and reviewed by members of our COVID team.
- The Silver Spring Stage Screening form is no longer required prior to entering the building. (Effective 4/15/22)
- Everyone entering the building is required to sign in at the table under the bulletin board just inside the fire doors at the rear entrance.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or a confirmed case of COVID-19, if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within 10 days, or if you are
required to be under quarantine, please consult your producer, director, and stage manager for appropriate guidance. For more information, use the QR code. (Effective 4/15/22)
- Wearing a mask while in the building is suggested, but not required. We ask that you respect each other’s choices. Our mask mandate for
audiences who attend performances will remain in place until the end of May, after which time we will reassess the situation. As long as audience members are required to be masked, volunteers who interact with them must be masked while doing so. (Effective 4/15/22)
For questions about this protocol or to report issues contact Bill Hurlbut, 301-814-5696
Last revised April 15, 2022