CALL FOR ONE-ACT SCRIPTS
Silver Spring Stage is seeking original one-act scripts for its upcoming annual One-Act Festival. The Festival will run two or three weekends in August 2019.
Silver Spring Stage will award Playwrights’ Prizes at the conclusion of the Festival. Prizes of $150 will be awarded to Best One-Act Play and $100 to One-Act Runner-Up. All plays presented as part of the Festival will be eligible for prizes.
- Fill out the submission form. You will be asked for your contact information including email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- All scripts must be submitted in Word or PDF format. Hard copies will not be accepted and will not be returned.
- Scripts must be submitted blind – all mentions of the author’s name, contact information, and history of the script must be removed. Any scripts that do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
- All scripts must be submitted in standard professional play format.
- There is no minimum length, but plays may not exceed 45 pages. Plays with a runtime less than 10 minutes or longer than 30 minutes are unlikely to be chosen.
- Scripts must be original and unpublished, but may have been previously performed.
- Playwrights may submit no more than two scripts.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Plays that have been submitted previously but not chosen to be performed may be resubmitted.
- NEW THIS YEAR: There is now a submission fee to help cover production costs.
- $10 fee if submitted on or before January 15
- $15 fee if submitted January 16-31
- All submissions must be received by January 31, 2019.
Plays will be selected based on artistic merit, technical and casting requirements, adherence to submission rules, length, and originality. Selected playwrights will be notified no later than April 15, 2019.
Silver Spring Stage is an all-volunteer, non-profit community theater located in Silver Spring, Maryland. We offer the best of what you like about theater – an intimate space, top-quality productions of plays that are smart and challenging and affordable prices. Find out more about the Stage at www.ssstage.org.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Silver Spring Stage is located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Event Address: 10145 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20901
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3086 Silver Spring Stage, MD
Submissions are due by January 31, 2019
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org