Audition Information for Lobby Hero
Auditions for Kenneth Lonergan’s Lobby Hero, directed by Rob Gorman, will be at Silver Spring Stage, 10145 Colesville Rd., Silver Spring, M.D. 20910 on Sunday, January 12th, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. and Monday, January 13th, from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. If you are unable to make either of the audition dates, please e-mail your audition video or a link to your audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the following information before your audition:
- Please sign up for an audition date and time through the Sign-Up Genius link Audition Sign Up. Walk-ins will be accommodated when possible, but signing up in advance is strongly encouraged.
- Please bring the following items to your audition:
- A printed and filled-out audition form
- A printed theatrical resume (if possible)
- A headshot (if possible)
- A list of your schedule conflicts
- Rehearsals for Lobby Hero will be 3-4 times per week at Silver Spring Stage beginning Tuesday, January 21st. The show will run from Thursday, April 2nd through Sunday, April 26th.
- Please prepare a comic or dramatic monologue no longer than 2 minutes. Also, consider a monologue that reflects the themes in Lobby Hero. Monologues will be available if an actor does not have a memorized monologue.
- Selected actors will receive a callback invitation via e-mail. Callbacks will be held on Wednesday, January 15th , from 7:00 to 9:30 pm.
- All roles are unpaid.
Manhattan, present day. After being kicked out of the Navy and several other unfortunate episodes, Jeff tries to turn his life around. His job as a night-shift apartment security guard seems like a good fit until he becomes responsible for everyone’s secret troubles. William, Jeff’s captain, confides in Jeff about his role in his brother’s legal problem, and rookie police officer Dawn shares the ultimatum her partner officer promised. Now with lives and careers at stake, Jeff is left at the helm of a sinking ship.
- Jeff: Late 20s, male – He is a security guard with a good sense of humor. He is trying to turn his life around.
- William: Late 20s, male, African American – He is Jeff’s diligent captain. He is the youngest person to ever be captain at his security firm.
- Bill: 30s, male – Experienced police officer. He is having an affair with both his rookie partner, Dawn, and a woman who lives in the apartment building where Jeff and William work.
- Dawn: Early 20s, female, any race (non-white actresses are particularly encouraged to audition) – Rookie police officer. She is having an affair with Bill, her partner.
Please e-mail any questions to email@example.com. We look forward to your audition!
Interested in auditioning for our shows? We have an e-mail list just for auditions! Join Now!