Silver Spring Stage is seeking original one-act scripts for its upcoming annual One-Act Festival. The Festival will run for three weekends in August 2017.
Silver Spring Stage will award Playwrights’ Prizes at the conclusion of the Festival. Prizes will be $150 for Best One-Act Play and $100 for One-Act Runner-Up. All plays presented as part of the Festival will be eligible for prizes.
- All submissions must be emailed in Word or .PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies will not be accepted and will not be returned.
- Scripts must be submitted blind – all mentions of the author’s name or contact information must be removed from the script.
- Please include the author’s name and contact information including email address, mailing address and phone number in the body of the email.
- All scripts must be submitted in standard professional play format.
- There is no minimum length, but plays may not exceed 50 pages.
- Scripts must be original and unpublished, but may have been previously performed.
- Playwrights may submit no more than two scripts.
- Plays that have previously been submitted to Silver Spring Stage may not be submitted again.
- All submissions must be received by February 28, 2017.
- Plays will be selected based on artistic merit, technical and casting requirements, adherence to submission rules, length, and originality.
- Selected playwrights will be notified by May 1, 2017.
Silver Spring Stage is an all-volunteer, non-profit community theater located in Silver Spring, Maryland. We offer the best of what you like about theater – an intimate space, top-quality productions of plays that are smart and challenging and affordable prices.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.